Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Honda 600RR rebuild - Day 2

My new engine came in this day so I took a stab at taking the old motor out. The shop forgot to send the headers, airbox and master cylinder, but I didn't need them at the time. And the actual motor was freighted by fedex, which seemed to have lost my engine for a week... Was shipped from VA and they ended up found it some where in KY... Beats the hell how they screw that up. At least I got it.

After an hour of playing foreplay with the bike and engine, getting all damn dirty from the freaking chain lub, I finally got the engine out of the frame with a few car jacks, cinder blocks, and various sizes of wood (and me guns too!). It wasn't too bad, half the time I was trying to figure out how to get it out of the frame. I was going to get an engine hoist to get the engine off, but after weighing the new engine that I got, it turned out to only be 65 pounds (woot, I'm strong enough to move it! I'm only 125)

Dropped the old engine. Used 2x12's on the floor to slowly drop the engine to the floor. Worked well. Didn't want to crack the block anymore even though it didn't matter...

new engine and parts